The global market leader for fast food recently shared its view on social media marketing. The presentation made its way onto Slideshare. Even though this is business-to-consumer, it makes for interesting viewing.
What makes this presentation interesting is the second-last slide - McDonald's key learnings from social media. Regardless of the market you are in, they are all relevant points to consider in any social media strategy and reiterate aspects of our recent post: To social media or not to social media.
McDonald's key learnings from social media:
- Ask yourself…”How can we actively engage” vs “Should we engage?”
- Walk before running…Develop the right strategy for your brand vs leaping into tactical activation
- Collaborate…Social media has potential for a number of different departments within a company
- Be flexible/nimble…Some new trend that has the potential to impact your brand is always around the corner
- Be open to feedback…Everyone has an opinion about your brand, products, services so be open and willing to listen